Natango's Pizza Bread
by Tamika Williams
(Ahhh.. Ras Natango Gallery and Garden, Camrose, Jamaica)
Jamaicans are laid back and take things easy. We cook everyday and we have to find quick inovative ways to eat healthily so we have more time to chillax (relax)
Making a home made pizza can take time and getting the crust right is not easy for most people.
Here is my 15 minute pizza bread from preparation to eating.
- 4 slices wholewheat bread or hard dough bread (if ordinary white bread is used it will become soggy)
- 1 8 oz tin Hunts Tomato sauce (with basil, garlic and oregano)
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 tomato sliced then each slice quartered
- 1 small green sweet pepper sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheese(any cheese can me used)
Place bread slices on flat surface or small cookie sheetSpread half the sauce evenly on each slice of breadSprinkle onion evenly on saucePut most of the cheese on top of the onions, but leave a bit for the final toppingAdd sweet pepper and rest of sauceFinally add remainder of cheesePlace each slice of bread on rack in toaster oven or cookie sheet into ovenBake at 250 degrees for 10 minutes
Enjoy with a glass of homemade sorrel or fruit juice.
A quick easy and healthy breakfast, brunch or snack.
Total time from preperation is 15 minutes.
Ahhh ... Enjoy.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Jamaican Recipes.