Jamaican Dessert Recipes
Sweet Potato Pone
Sweet Potato Pone, or Sweet Potato pudding as it is also called, is another
of our favorite Jamaican desserts, and it is quite simple to make.
- 2 lb sweet potato, grated
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups coconut milk (homemade, or canned, or mixed from powder)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup mixed fruit or raisins(optional)
- 1/4 lb butter or margerine - softened by warming
How to Make
- Mix all ingredients together except for coconut milk and butter
- Add coconut milk and butter, and mix thoroughly
- Add more coconut milk if neccessary, so that mixture can just pour (or you can use evaporated milk)
- Taste, and add more sugar if you wish
into a greased baking tin and bake at 370F for 50 - 60 minutes. Stick a
clean knife in the centre, and if it comes out clean it is cooked.
This is delicious on it's own, or topped with thick coconut cream, real cream, or ice cream.
As you will realize this is not a dieting site so ... Enjoy your Sweet Potato Pone ... and "Give Thanks".
And ... you can spread some joy by sharing YOUR Jamaican recipes with us and with our visitors. Clicking this link will take you to a submission page for your recipe.
Please like and share this page with your friends, and add your comments below,