Jamaican Stew Chicken
by Bashful Suzy
Start the day before you want to cook this.
Wash and pat dry 10 pieces of chicken (breast, thigh, or legs).
Mix these ingredients into the chicken and marinate overnight ...
- 1 cup of sliced onions
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 Tbls. salt
- 1 1/2 Tbls. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or fresh garlic crushed
Next day when you are ready to cook this dish ...
- Scrape off the vegetables
- Fry the chicken in oil of your choice ... coconut is best...until golden brown
- Retain 1/3 cup of oil used to fry the chicken and heat in clean pan
- the vegetable marinade
- fried chicken
- 1cup water
- 2 Tbls. tomato ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tbls. soy sauce
- 1 Tbls. pickapeppa sauce
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper ... careful not to break
Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with white rice.
Thanks for your recipe Bashful Suzy ... sounds delicious served with anything you want ... white rice, rice and peas, boiled breadfruit, boiled yam, boiled green bananas ... and fried ripe plantain is a must ... just makes it perfect.
Eat ... enjoy ... and "Give Thanks".
Delicious!!! Tried this and really enjoyed it Bashful Suzy. Thanks again.
If you've got any more like this keep them coming.