Some major annual Jamaica Events are listed below, and although
we endeavour to make sure that all information is accurate, since this
information is supplied by others, we do not accept liability for any
inaccuracies. Neither do we endorse any of the events listed here.
Click here to create YOUR page telling us about your Event
- Jamaica Carnival starts in Kingston in January, and continues for ten weeks.
- Accompong Maroon Festival
is held annually in Accompong, St Elizabeth. It starts on the birthday of Cudjoe, who defeated the
English army, but can last for several days. The festival involves
dancing, singing, blowing the abeng (a cow horn), playing Maroon drums,
and eating roast pork ... black, male pigs cooked in large pots. Eating
even a mouthful is supposed to bring you luck
The festival is held annually http://www.jamaicanmaroons.com
- Marcus Garvey Annual Fair
is an annual event held in the village of Resource in Manchester celebrating the life of Marcus
Garvey, Jamaica's first National Hero.
Marcus Garvey was born in St
Ann, and never lived in Resource. So what connection could this small
village have with Marcus Garvey, Jamaica's first National Hero?
All visitors will be welcomed, enlightened and entertained.
- Bob Marley Week - www.bobmarley-foundation.com.
- Jamaica Fat Tyre Fesival is a week long mountain biking event held in St Mary - more information at www.smorba.com.
- International Women's Day Expo -
The Women's Resource and Outreach Centre holds their Women's
Empowerment and Wellness Expo featuring exciting booths, stimulating
presentations, spot prizes and giveaways, live entertainment and outside
Admission is FREE.
Location: Founders Park, University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Kingston
- Trelawny Yam Festival - is held in Albert Town every Easter Monday.
- Jamaica Carnival
(Bacchanal Jamaica), started in 1998, is celebrated annually across the island
in various towns such as Negril, Mandeville, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios
each organising their own costumed street parades, and festivities -
- Calabash International Literary Festival is held in in Treasure Beach, St Elizabeth - readings, workshops, and music.
No current listings for Jamaica events.
- Jeffery Town Breadfruit Festival in St Mary. Find out how many different ways can you use breadfruit??
- Portland Jerk Festival
- Reggae Sumfest in Montego Bay.
- Denbigh Agricultural and Industrial Show - livestock, produce, equipment, competitions and the National Farm Queen Coronation.
- Manchester Golf Week - a fun filled week of Golf in Mandeville in late July
No current listings for Jamaica events.
- Peter Tosh Birthday Celebration
in Savanna-la-mar's Independence Park. Born Winston Hubert McIntosh on
19 October 1944 in Grange Hill, Westmoreland ... he was murdered in 1987
by three gunmen during a robbery at his home.
- South Coast Hook and Line Fishing Tournament happens at Calabash Bay, Treasure Beach.
- International Blue Marlin Fishing Tournament at the Errol Flynn Marina in Port Antonio.
- Taste of Manchester - Heritage Fest
at the Brooks Park Recreational Complex in Mandeville - under the
distinguished patronage of renowned performer and song writer, Mrs.
Della Manley, granddaughter-in-law of Manchester's national hero -
Norman Washington Manley
- has been organized by the Jamaica German Society in Kingston for over
35 years with German beers, and typical German foods such as
Schweinebraten, Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, and Weisswurst.
- Sun Jamaican Jerk Festival in Markham Park, Sunrise, Florida - www.jerkfestival.com.
- The St. Elizabeth Home Coming Foundation
hosts a week of celebration with pre-Homecoming Week activities, showcasing the best of the parish’s culture and sports, and
highlighting the outstanding achievements of the parish's sons and
daughters locally and internationally.
For more information, email email@example.com.
- Love 101's Experience the Love
Love 101 FM, the Family Station presents Experience the Love on Boxing Day December 26. It is an event that you and your family will enjoy and love!
It will leave you wanting more with great music from renowned and upcoming artistes, and all of the Love 101 announcers on scene to interact and lyme with, and much more.
It is an experience you and your family cannot miss.
Do You Have an Event You Would Like to Submit Let Us Know About?
Go Ahead and Create Your Page
YOU may write YOUR OWN page about any Jamaican event, add more information about an event already listed, or you may write a review about any event, and you can include up to 4 photos.
BUT, there are two requirements.
First - your submission must be at least 300 words.
Second - We do not accept content copied from another website, so please write your own original article describing the event.
Jamaican Events For Which Pages Have Been Submitted
Click on the link to any event to get more information on that event ...
Colon Cancer Medical Symposium
The Jamaica Cancer Society
founded by Dr Ken Mcneil on 6th December 1955
and celebrating it's 60th Anniversary
in association with
JPS Celebrates Jamaica's 50th
On Friday July 27, 2012, all Jamaica Public service Parish offices took time out to celebrate Jamaica's 50th year of being independent.
JPS's Bay West …
Stanley, Fay, Pularchie and P
In March 1974, Gloria Lanaman's play "Stanley, Fay, Pularchie and P" had it's first very successful run. The late Norman Rae was the …
Jeffery Town Breadfruit Festival
The Jeffery Town Breadfruit Festival is held annually in the small farming community of Jeffery Town up in the hills of St Mary.
The 2012 Festival will …
Marcus Garvey Fair
The Marcus Garvey Fair is held annually in Jamaica in a small village named Resource in the hills of South Manchester.
This annual fair, which takes …
Click here to write your own.
Please LEAVE YOUR COMMENT... it will also appear on Facebook.